Earlier in the week we had tried out two different kinds of "dough". Check out the posts at Soap Dough and Baby Oil Dirt. My daughter decided that we needed to try mixing them together. We took a few scoops of each and mixed them together in a new bin.
Once mixed together the dough was a little easier to mold.
When we discovered we could get the dough to make an egg shape she ran and got her insects. She had me hide one of her insects in an egg.
She would slowly break the egg apart, like the insect was hatching, as she guessed which one it was.
When she found the caterpillar she quickly replaced it with the butterfly.