Floral Arrangements

I noticed that my daughter had not played with her Pipe Cleaner and Strainer sensory box (found in this post) for a while so I decided it was time for a change. 
 
I really liked the fine motor practice she had been getting from sticking the pipe cleaners in the small holes so I started looking around the house for something that would give her the same fine motor practice.  I found a bunch of fake leaves and flowers.  Most of them fit but I had to cut the leaves off the big branch they came on.

 
 Here is her almost finished project.  I love that she is getting that specific fine motor practice again.  I'm also excited about this activity because I can change out the flowers/leaves with the seasons.
I think I will have her start making a centerpiece for family dinner once a week.
(or every night if she really enjoys it) 

No comments:

Post a Comment