Buried Treasure

This is one of my daughters favorite activities.  She likes to pretend she is a
pirate uncovering buried treasure.

Supplies:  Tub of sand, rocks, jewels, paint brushes, and scoops

Most of the time we do this activity on the light table.

 

She uses the scoops and her hands to bury the rocks and jewels.  Then she uses the
paint brushes to uncover the treasure.
 
 
 


Next time I think I am going to make this activity into an archeology dig by burying some small plastic dinosaurs and letting her find them.  Maybe I will search for some fossil toys online today.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/12/2012

    I just bought a new light table yesterday for my small family child care/preschool. I love your site. Tons of great ideas! Thank you, Robin's Nest Preschool, Auburn, CA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the site. I am enjoying getting it up and running.

      Delete