Hello!

Welcome to my new early childhood education blog, titled Learning At Play. I hope you find ideas that inspire you to incorporate play into your child’s educational lessons and education into your child’s playtime.


My BA degree is in psychology with an emphasis on child development.  I have spent the last eight years working with infants, toddlers, and pre-schoolers. I have taken a number of early childhood education courses and have created and carried out lesson plans for classrooms of varies sizes and ages.  I am very interested in early childhood cognition, development, learning and language acquisition.

It will take me a while to get this blog organized the way I want and get blogs wrote for every topic I want to cover. Hopefully within the month I will have at least some basic information and helpful hints wrote for every learning category (categories will include topics such as; Letter Recognition, Numbers and Counting, and Educational Play Areas). Subscribe or check back often to see all the stuff I will be posting as I get Learning At Play up and running.


Also, I have allowed for comments at the end of every blog so please comment, expand on an idea, attach pertinent links, or add additional examples. Everyone has something to offer that the rest of us have not thought about, so share your playful teaching strategies.


 
 
 

This is my daughter. Throughout this blog you will see and hear much about her. I’m just a little bit in love with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment